Rocateq USA is member of the Rocateq Group, a Dutch international company that is specialized in advanced technical security solutions for supermarkets and DIY stores. Since 2008 Rocateq USA provides hardware and software-based solutions focused on loss prevention, asset management and tracking for supermarkets and DIY-stores.
At Rocateq we install security wheels on shopping carts and embedded low voltage cable in store’s parking lot to prevent customers from taking carts outside the perimeter of the parking lot.
Being part of a two person team, you will be responsible for installation and repair projects at supermarkets and DIY stores. You will be responsible for the proper and in time delivery of installations in stores, giving instructions to 1 or 2 colleagues. You will liaise with the scheduling manager to ensure that work runs as scheduled. In addition, you will perform the following tasks:
- Dig a shallow trench in the asphalt or concrete;
- Install one security caster on each shopping cart;
- Install a radio-frequency transmitter inside the store;
- Calibrate the radio-frequency signal from the transmitter to the embedded cable via an oscilloscope or multi-meter precision instrument. Of course, you must be willing to learn how this works.
- Have experience running wires through walls, conduit and ceilings;
- Ideally, the candidate will have experience working with heavy equipment such as a walk behind saw cutting machine on both asphalt and concrete surfaces and some experience with using hand and power tools, such as punch tools, hammer drills and saws;
- Ability to climb ladders and reach overhead, to lift and carry heavy boxes, supplies or tools;
- Working knowledge/willingness to learn Wi-Fi signals and equipment (transmitters, receivers, antennas, Wi-Fi measuring tools) is a plus but not required;
- Willingness to learn about electrical signals, low and high frequencies and their behavior and IP networks (configure and set up);
- Willing to travel during the week. Hours vary between day and night work depending on the project;
- Ability to read and understand manuals;
- Troubleshooting experience;
- Computer/cell phone, tablet proficiency;
- Good communicative social skills to interact with your colleagues, customers, Corporate office Loss Prevention team members and fellow employees;
- Valid driver’s license clean driving record.
This job is open to applicants who do not have a college diploma/entry level position available.
- Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour based on experience and/or education;
- Company will provide transportation and all travel expenses. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave accrual immediately;
- 401(k) matching;
- Health insurance;
- Paid time off.
We abide by all CDC / Federal guidelines regardless of state or local policies.